- Special Education & Student Services
- School Safety and Security
- Teaching & Learning
- Facilities, Director of Buildings and Grounds, Michael Carreiro
- Business and Finance
- Health Services
- Human Resources
Special Education & Student Services
Dear Families & Advocates,
Welcome to the Office of Special Education & Student Services of the Somerset Public Schools.
The referral of your child to the Office of Special Education & Student Services may be a new and unsettling experience. We hope that you will find any member of our department ready to openly listen and communicate, provide you with information, and answer any questions that you may have about the process.
Quality programming for students with disabilities requires continuous planning, support, and participation of the home and school. We look forward to working with you as a member of the Team to provide a happy and successful school experience for your child.
The information available on this website was prepared to provide you with information on a variety of topics that may be of interest, as well as opportunities to seek further information which can be customized to your needs. We hope you find it helpful as we work cooperatively as a team to provide quality education for children with disabilities in Somerset.
We welcome your input, comments, and questions, and thank you in advance for your support.
Please click here to learn more about our programs and services: Special Education Programs and Services
Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
IMPORTANT SEPAC DATES FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR:Important sepac dates for the 2023-2024 school year
- September: Welcome back! SEPAC board members attend various open houses and popsicle nights
- October 12, 2023 7-9pm: Federation For Children with Special Needs workshop: Basic Rights, Understanding the IEP virtual workshop
- November: no events yet
- December 2 from 11-3: Candy Cane fundraiser at Anawan Farm (rain date December 3)
- January: Children’s Advocacy Center: topic Digital Responsibility (date TBD)
- February: restaurant fundraiser (dates and location TBD)
- March: Dyslexia and Assistive Technology, various presenters (date TBD)
- April: presentation by Jan Randall from the CAR program (date TBD), hybrid
- May: Mental Health/ social emotional (date TBD)
- June: year in review, board member voting